Monday, August 8, 2011

Books..they're not just for reading anymore.....

The other day while at Red Racks (which is a really great thrift store in Blue Springs) with Chet's mom I found this old golden book encyclopedia. The illustrations are great and the book has a nice old smell. I had no idea what I was going to do with it. But I thought if anything I could scan in the pictures and use them in cards or something. Turns out I paid 1.00 for the book cause it was hard backed. But it was worth it. This is one thing I have decided to do with it. I ripped out the first page. Then I folded it in half and cut clouds out of it. Printed page elements are so hip right now. And I got 96 pages of cool elements to make.
Seriously. Look at these great illustrations. This is Snowflake the albino gorilla.
This is the page after the clouds.
Aren't they pretty?
Another hip thing right now is doodling. If you watch TV and billboards you'll see that everybody is into handwritten fonts and pictures.  So I took my little black pen (bic brand flair pen) and outlined the clouds.
then I inked them up with my Autumn leaves turquoise ink pad. They are so cute I will show you when I finish the cards I made out of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment