Monday, December 10, 2012

15 days til christmas


For some reason Chet is all Bah humbug this year. He is a procrastinator and he hasn't wanted to think about Christmas shopping yet.  Seriously. That is what I am dealing with. I keep telling myself it will be ok we can get it all done...but i used to be done long before this and he just doesn't shop till right before Christmas...Annoying...next year Im gonna do my shopping in the summer.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it. I was at the Christian book store and I really wanted one of these for the littles. But it was 30.00 and that was on sale. So hmmm. what to do what to do?
To tell you the truth I am kinda bah humbugging too.  Our Christmas plans changed through no fault of our own...half the family wont even be there and that is really bumming me out. The eldest little doesn't do goodbyes well and we are already regretting the short time span with the fam and the goodbye crying we know is going to happen. It is hard when you don't have a go with the flow kid. WE are late getting our tree up we are late getting everything up I just feel like I'm always 12 steps behind...And I am grieving for other people's children that went to be with Jesus recently. Pray that I can get with it and prepare the littles for the changes and PRAY for those families going into Christmas without their Littles this year...

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to have found your blog! I remember seeing Victoria's picture on Reece's Rainbow a couple years ago. I started praying for her then, and even sent her picture to a few friends... hoping they might want to adopt her. We adopted our blind daughter a year before I saw Victoria's picture. We were tempted to adopt her ourselves, except our new daughter would be a year younger than Victoria, and we didn't think that would be wise...plus we were still in the throes learning how to raise a blind child. She stood out to me because she reminded me SO MUCH of our adopted daughter! They could be sisters! Anyway, since I first saw her picture, I would occasionally go back and see if she was still there. She was. :( And then I remember when her picture got updated... she looked so much older. I was so sad that she hadn't been adopted yet. Well, I went back today to see if she was still there and she wasn't! Then I saw the page about your family adopting her. I'm so thrilled!!! So happy to follow your adoption story. God is good. Blessings, Rie

    ReplyDelete