Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bittersweet Beginnings

Well we have a date at the DAP in Eastern Europe on 2/4. I was super excited yesterday when Nancy pinged me on Facebook and told me to go look for it. There it was in my SPAM folder!! Yea!! I excitedly called Chet who then freaked. I guess he was thinking we had time we didn't need to plan. But the reality is we have a month. Then we go. His what if's are swirling. Mine are settled..it is what it is ....no use worrying about the what if's. We will know when we get there. I booked the flights today....$4000.00 cha-ching That should cover all of them unless I fly back after court during the 10 day wait. Already the money goes so fast. All our hard work and now onto the planning phase. I guess I would have liked Chet to be more excited. To have made all the plans...to be packed and have the emails printed but I cant change him. I pray that he comes along beside me and that God settles his nerves.

7 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I have been following your journey for a while. So glad to see you finally got your appt. date. Exciting times.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina it's exciting to know there are people following our story. I am happy too cant wait to see our girls.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! So happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! Can't wait until you get to meet your girls! Praying for you and Chet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Wow, $4000 seems high for tickets. Did you use a mission travel agent? They can give steep discounts for adoption travel. If not, and your tickets are refundable, I can let you know who we have gone through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE used golden rule in wichita...They gave us amazing rates. the $4000 is our return flights and the girls return flights and the possability for us to fly home and back in the middle so that covers 6 flights

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's who we used too! I didn't realize that covered the girls flights too. That sounds a lot better now! :)

      Delete